Prepare to Take the Certified Professional in Health Care Risk Management (CPHRM) Examination, New Exam Launched Jan. 2020
Top Five Ways to Prepare for the CPHRM Exam
Purchase risk management’s leading publications.
Stock your bookshelf with the definitive resources for health care risk management: Health Care Risk Management Fundamentals textbook and the many ASHRM Playbooks.
Review the CPHRM Exam Preparation Guide
Combined with Health Care Risk Management Fundamentals textbook, the ASHRM CPHRM Exam Preparation Guide textbook, 7th Edition, is an invaluable aid. It is organized by domain of practice and exam specifications. It covers many key content areas, key terms, acronyms and has a 110 question practice exam.
- Attend an In-Person CPHRM Exam Preparation Course at:
Enroll in the Online CPHRM Exam Preparation Course
The on-demand, Online CPHRM Exam Preparation Course follows the five content areas of the CPHRM Exam to help you prepare.
Practice with the Online CPHRM Self-Assessment Exam
The one hundred item Online CPHRM Self-Assessment Exam parallels the format, content, cognitive levels and difficulty of the CPHRM Certification Exam.
Administered by the American Hospital Association, the Certified Professional in Health Care Risk Management (CPHRM) is the health care industry’s premier certification for the risk management profession. The American Hospital Association’s Certification Center (AHA-CC) determines eligibility requirements, exam content, testing procedures and other aspects of the certification, and oversees the examination process.
New 2020 CPHRM Exam
The new CPHRM Exam launched Jan. 2, 2020. The previous CPHRM Exam was offered through Dec. 31, 2019.
What changed on the 2020 Exam?
An overview of the changes to the domains
|Previous CPHRM Domains||Jan. 2, 2020 CPHRM Domains and Weight|
|1. Clinical/Patient Safety: 35 items||1. Clinical/Patient Safety: 25 items|
|2. Risk Financing: 10 items||2. Risk Financing: 15 items|
|3. Legal and Regulatory: 24 items||3. Legal and Regulatory: 20 items|
|4. Health Care Operations: 20 items||4. Health Care Operations: 20 items|
|5. Claims and Litigations: 5 items||5. Claims and Litigations: 20 items|
CPHRM Exam Information
The CPHRM exam is administered by The American Hospital Association Certification Center that contracts with PSI, for exam administration. The exam is available online at PSI Assessment Centers.
- Register to take the CPHRM exam at a PSI Assessment Center.
- Frequently asked questions for the CPHRM exam and CPHRM recertification.
- Read the CPHRM Candidate Handbook for more details including:
- Scheduling the exam
- Rules for taking the exam
- ID requirements for taking the exam
- Passing and failing information
- CPHRM renewal information
- And more.
For More Information
- To sign-up for CPHRM review course, register or obtain other exam preparation materials, contact ASHRM at 312-422-3980 or email@example.com.
- To register for the exam, submit your application or confirm your registration, contact PSI at 1-888-519-9901 or info@goAMP.com.
- For additional information about the CPHRM Certification Program, contact the AHA Certification Center at 312-422-3702, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view a complete list of CPHRM recipients, Click Here.